Healthy Yummy Banana Bread Recipe
Banana are more healthy when their yellow pills have turned brown and the bananas inside is squishy and browning
- 140 g salted or unsalted butter
- 140 g All purpose flour
- 140 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & half tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt if you use salted butter,then you don't need a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Prepare the loaf pan by rubbing butter
- Into a mixing bowl, pour the sugar and melted butter and mix
- Into the mixed ingredient, add the beaten eggs and mix
- Using a fork, mash the bananas until completely smooth
- Stir the mashed bananas into the mixed ingredients and mix
- Into the mixed ingredients, pour the flour, baking soda and add the salt (if needed)
- Add the vanilla extract and mix all ingredients together
yummy banana breadInstead of throwing out those overripe bananas while not put them to good use by using them to make healthy yummy treat "banana bread?? Banana are more healthy when their yellow pills have turned brown and the bananas inside is squishy and browning The good thing about this recipe is it takes less time and preparation,clean up is also easy as you do not need a mixer, you can mix everything in a bowl therefore, quick wash Materials
- Mixing bowl
- A fork to whisk the eggs
- A spoon to mix batter
- 8×4 inch loaf pan (Note larger pan size produce flatter loaf)
Spice up the banana breadBefore baking, you can toss a cup of raisins, chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the batter, making it into "chocolate chips banana bread", raisins banana bread, or nuts banana bread. You can even make it into chocolate banana bread by adding chocolate to the batter You necessarily don't have to use the baking pan. You can also use muffin tins thereby, making it "chocolate chips muffin bread''
How to make banana bread moist?The secret of this banana bread recipe is the melted butter, the egg, and caster sugar ( caster sugar add more moist than white sugar) plus overripe banana have lots of moisture on their own, so ensure you use overripe banana for a tastier moist result
Ready to bake
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 min to 180°C or until a stick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
How long will it take to bake banana bread ?This banana bread recipe should be perfectly baked, after about 45 to 55 minutes in the oven at 350 degree, you will know it done if you insert a tooth pick at the centre of the bread and the toothpick comes out clean
Ready to serve
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Let the bread sit in the pan for about 10 minutes before you turn it out. Else, it might not stay in one piece
- Using a bread knife, slice to serve as a bread knife helps create a smooth cut. I learnt this yummy recipe from a colleague Ms Dawn. She bakes yummy treats.These recipes are from centuries but still taste appetising. Try it out
How to store banana bread
- Place a paper towel at the bottom of an airtight container.
- Using a plastic wrap, wrap the banana bread
- Place the firmly wrapped banana bread into the airtight container.
- Seal the container firmly and keep at room temperature